Saturday, January 25, 2014

Week 1 - Welcome to the Family, We hope you have a real good time

Beginning of the week: Moved into my new place, got everything settled, best friend picked out an outfit for me,  I WAS TOTALLY READY TO GO! But then we had a snow day..... and another snow day...

I got to read for fun, watch tv and got a jump start on moodles. 

My fancy desk at Dover!
Thursday, I was finally able to go to school. Figured out how to get to the school and got my car pass. Upon coming to Mrs. B's room, I was welcomed by a decorated desk with an owl decoration, an owl coffee mug, sticky notes, notebooks, organizational trays, manila folders and others odds and ends that will be helpful during the semester. I was very excited with the desk that welcomed me to Dover.

I also was reminded about how interesting 8th and 7th graders are.....

"Are you our substitute??" X 3

"You and Mrs. Barzydlo look a lot alike!" X 4

"Look at what I can do!" **student kicks foot above head.

"Can you take us to Hershey Park"

I also learned that we have time to stop and get a pick-me-up cup of coffee at a nice bakery between the intermediate school and the high school. ( Coconut lattes are the best!)

At the high school we had a prep period before Mrs. B had another class where we started to go over our schedules and dates that we need to do things together during the semester. 

I ate in the facility lunch room nad got to meet more teachers in the tech department. Mr. Stollar also got to tease me and told me him and his wife are going to the Bahamas while I am teaching Small Gas Engines.... thanks Mr. Stollar!

The department head also stopped by to say hi and Mrs. B and I also talked to one of the special needs teachers to give them a warning of the requirements that I have. 

And to top the day off... I ended up locking my keys in my car and fellow co-hort member Kate Livingston rescued me with her triple A card! I bought her dinner and we enjoyed each others company talking about our classes and the first week of school.

Friday

Mrs. B and I worked on lesson planning and planning the leadership class. I have also been signed up to help with a STEM workshop next Friday with the sophomores and I will help the teachers keep time and keep the students moving.

I also got to organize myself and my semester and see what needed to be done when and where. Google calendars will be my best friend this semester I believe.

I got a picture with Mrs. B and Mr. Stollar for the bulletin board in Armsby as they will be the teachers I work with the most.

This song by Little Big Town was going through my head while I started writing this blog.


blogging out,

Jeanne




3 comments:

  1. Interesting blog Jeanne. Can I assume that Monday was not an in-service day but a day off?
    Tuesday and Wednesday - well, as a student you loved snow days as a teacher - depends on what you had planned.
    I am sure you appreciated the desk Mrs. B had set up for you. Did you take a photo?
    So what is planned for the coming week? Will you be starting a class of your own? If so, which class and what are you planning to do?
    Amy interesting FFA events planned for the immediate future?
    Ron frederick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday was a day off for Martin Luther King Day. Tuesday next week I will be starting my first class which is leadership. For FFA we are looking forward to ACES and FFA appreciation day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne,
    Great job! I am glad you are remember the saying, "TO GET AHEAD, GET STARTED.", as you work through the semester I encourage you to not put off until tomorrow what you can achieve today.

    Have a great week 2,

    Foster

    ReplyDelete