Friday, April 25, 2014

Week 14

Monday

Ag Leadership - Students did a good job working in their committees and getting things planned. There was an FFA meeting so they had to be prepared to present their motions and run for office. The students and I talked about sunburns and what we did for Easter as well. It was a good day.

Tuesday

Ag Leadership - I am not as happy with how today went. I feel that I did not have a good enough introduction. The students were supposed to be finished with their media projects today and the group of gentlemen were not working up to par. I still have not found a way to get them to consistently do their work. I really did not want to crush their spirits by being mad at them all of the time, and it would not have been good for me to be mad all of the time. I had a good review at the end of the day though and talked about the importance of community and how our project in class was affecting the community and how we were involved. One of my students told me that today was a good day and they actually got a lot done.

Wednesday

Ag Leadership - Today was an SAE day and it went okay. I showed them everything that they needed to have complete on the white board and went through where to find them. Then I walked around the classroom and helped students out that had questions. However, a lot of the students that told me they had completed everything, I realized had lied when I started grading them. That was disappointing to me. Their work ethic has been a little lack luster this week. I think if I wasn't leaving it would be easier to keep their attention, but I think that they think Mrs. B will be easier on them.

Thursday

Today we had a two hour early dismissal. Keeping track of time is still one of my downfalls. I had the students do a gallary walk around the room to grade different agronomic crops and figure out their disorders, then they had to research an agronomic career to wrap up the agronomy lesson. I assigned the agronomy as homework because they did not have enough time to finish it in class.

Friday

Today we finished the agronomy unit and the local and global hunger unit. They got almost 300 cans donated!! I am proud of them for pulling through with that. I don't think they are going to miss me. The horticultural students got me a cookie cake this morning that I shared with them and the ag business had a little party for me while the other students were out at lunch. I am going to miss all these students so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment