Sunday, September 1, 2013

Last First Day of School as an Undergraduate

The first week of being back in State College is coming to an end. Being a student in the College of Agricultural Science I got the pleasure of attending 8 am classes to get me pumped up for the rest of the semester. Thankfully, they did just that.


I mentioned earlier in the week at the Penn State Ag Ed ROARS blog about how it can be scary to think of life outside of being a student. I still agree with what I said, but I don't think I have ever been more excited for school as well. In the classes I am taking I am learning about things that will actually affect me in the future. We, the 2014 spring student teachers, had to complete a mock school board meeting with our programs FFA and SAE programs on the line. Hopefully we will never have to actually be in that situation but it was good to put us on the spot and see how we react to different questions. Some were really hard to answer because we do not know necessarily all the logistics behind why things happen in the realm of education. The mock school board interview just showed us how much we have yet to learn this semester. I am just excited that all the information will be helpful in recent years to come as we start our own programs or get jobs.


Picture of Old Main I took this summer

This week it would be easy to become over whelmed with all the information that we have been getting and descriptions of assignments due. However, I firmly believe with a level head, and organization that we can still come out running this semester and make it the best semester possible.

                                                                     Jeanne Case
                                                                   Student Blogger
                                                                      #psuaged14
                                                  Dover Area High School Student Teacher

1 comment:

  1. Remember Jeanne,

    The weekly writings via a blog post are supposed to show evidence that you completed the assigned readings that week.

    ReplyDelete